27c3 videos

Jason osmocom at lakedaemon.net
Thu Dec 30 19:31:24 UTC 2010

I found the videos at [1], but I don't have an iphone...  Are the videos
available in different formats?  Apparently, Apple's HTTP streaming,
segmented mpeg-ts is rather new [2] and there isn't much support for it.

I found how to create them [3] and code [4] to create the playlist and
segments, but nothing on how to play them or cat them back together.

I tried using ffmpeg to convert them the mpeg-ps files, then catting
them together (from the ffmpeg manual).  This worked, except that the
audio went out of sync, and every five seconds the screen goes grey
because of the original file boundaries.

Any pointers?

thx,

Jason.

[1] http://27c3.iphoneblog.de/recordings/3952.html