AW: TODO: OsmocomBB to continually iterate over all cells and dump SI
Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Thu Dec 23 09:31:49 UTC 2010
> Just to avoid any duplicate of work as well: most of this is already
> done by cell_log (layer23/src/misc). It iterates over the whole
> and tries to get an Immediate Assignment by sending a RACH to every
> It stores SI1-4, GPS position and the TA in a logfile, and using the
> gsmmap utility you can create a *.kml map of the calculated cell
> positions for Google Earth.
> So what's missing is really only the PCAP support and a command line
> switch to turn off the "active" scanning by sending no RACHs.
exactly. almost everything is already there. there are some things that
may need to be improved in my opinion:
- deactivating/activating the RACH request
- altering maximum distance (gps) moving off the position of last power
scan, before restarting scanning process.
- multiple radio support for faster scanning and deeper scanning while
- selecting between the generic text format and PCAP.
- option to wait some more time to receive more system informations than
the mandatory 1..4
More information about the baseband-devel