UmTRX integration with OpenBTS

Thomas Tsou thomastsou at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:58:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alexander Chemeris
<alexander.chemeris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> If we get a UmTRX to you, could you make OpenBTS to run with it
> quickly, like before the end of the month? No matter how hackish the
> solution would be. We just need a way to start testing the hardware
> performance in a more real situation. Then we could target a cleaner
> solution.
>
> To recap - right now we could transmit on a single channel, and
> receive on both channels, but the control of LMS chips is done by an
> external python script. I.e. to tune and set bandwidth, gain, etc you
> have to run this script before claiming a device with UHD.

FYI, I was finishing plans to attend the openhere festival in Dublin
at the end of the month. That is in two weeks.

What is the state of OpenBTS integration right now? Can you transmit a
beacon signal? If UmTRX can support tuning, gain, and full duplex
streaming with the existing UHD timestamp interface, then it shouldn't
take long for OpenBTS. I can use any reasonable sample rate for
testing.

Is the external python script in a repository?

  Thomas