simtrace2 just sits and does nothing : any suggestions?

KageDS alan at kageds.com
Fri May 31 09:02:30 UTC 2019

Hi Harald,

Thanks for responding.

> Debugging the microcontroller itself is unfortunately not possible without
> a 3.3V UART cable attached to the 3-pin headers of the SAM3S processors (X601,
> X701).  I can ship you the required cabling tomorrow, hoping this helps
> us further to see what's going on.
I will dig out a Raspberry PI and connect it to the debug port.
> Do you have any particular method to reproduce this?  Does it appear related
> to a specific sim card?  Does it fail from the beginning or only appear after
> some time?  I'm basically looking for any way to gaing more information.

I've managed to narrow the problem down a little bit:

i) The card reader and sysmoQMOD are on the same server : works great
ii) Move the card reader and bankkd onto a remote server which adds a
delay : soon get this stuck state
iii) Move the card reader back to the same server : still in this stuck
state
iv) Power cycle the sysmoQMOD card : works again

It seems that when I intoduce a delay between bankd and st2 it can  get
into this state and then stays there.

I've tried several methods to restart the modem rather than powercycle
the card but nothing seems to work:

atz
at#reboot
uhubctl -a cycle  -p 2