Fwd: SIMtrace

Kévin Redon ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Wed Sep 26 17:45:06 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 07:22:14PM +0700, Александр Федоров wrote:
> I am writing to you from far Siberia.
> I use SIMtrace v1 and I have some problem.
> Could you halp me?
> firmware v0.5 lose data and data in Wireshark isn't corrected:
> [image: image.png]
> Can I resolve my problem on V1 Simtrace or I have to buy SIMtrace V2?

the SIMtrace v1 firmware for the AT91SAM7S isn't supported anymore and the issue will probably not be fixed.
if the error is present in the SIMtrace v2 firmware, it will be fixed.

the boards are almost identical.
the SIMtrace v1 firmware is for the AT91SAM7S micro-controller.
the SIMtrace v2 firmware is for the SAM3S micro-controller.
thus if you have some soldering skills you can convert your v1 board into a v2 board by switching the AT91SAM7S micro-controller with an SAM3S4B and flash the v2 firmware.
else you will have to by a new SIMtrace V2 (or let it produce, based on the open source hardware files).