Basic questions

J. Félix Ontañon felix.ontanon at podsystem.com
Tue Nov 8 16:47:48 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

Just to let you know dfu-util 0.9 didn't worked for me either, but
SAM-BA/sam7utils did!

I just followed this simtrace wiki page instructions to do so (flashing
using libusb): https://osmocom.org/projects/simtrace/wiki/SIMtrace_Firmware
The wiki page has the firmware attached in the format required by SAM-BA. I
compiled it myself with the arm toolchain, though. The tricky part was
switching to SAM-BA mode, what the wiki page says is true: sometimes it
just not works ... After 3 or 4 attempts it worked.

I hope this helps.
Regards.

holger at freyther.de> schrieb:

> [...]
Haven't used SAM-BA yet. Should I try that as well?

> >> SAM-BA is a lot more inconvenient and slower than dfu-utils. Could you
try an older version of dfu-utils? E.g. I started with dfu-utils and
probably still have this version around.

--
J. Félix Ontañón
Director of R&D