Basic questions (Michael Kramer)

Min Xu min.xu at min-info.net
Tue Dec 13 20:23:43 UTC 2016

>    1. Re: Basic questions (Michael Kramer)
>    2. Very basic questions (?? ???)
>    3. Re: Basic questions (J. F?lix Onta?on)
>    4. Re: Very basic questions (Holger Freyther)

ATMEL chip document [see section 7.2] states (and my experience confirming
this is) that TST, PA0, PA1 and PA2 should be tied high.  On the next
cycle, SAMBA will be booted into (this is SAM-BA boot recovery).  To do
that, you jumper it just like SIMTRACE wiki states, but do not need to
press a button.  On the specific chip used, that means you take a tweezer
and short PIN 44/45 with pin 47/48.  That means one tip if the tweezer sits
between pin 44 and pin 45 (PA2 and VDDIO[high]), and the other tip of the
tweezer sits between pin 47 and pin 48 (PA1 and PA0)

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TOUCH OTHER PINS.  Pin 46 is Ground.  It would not be
good to short between 45 and 46.

Once you have your tweezer in place and the jumper in place,  power up the
board (should be able to hold the tweezer and board with one hand resting
on it) by plugging in the USB cable.  Leave it powered up for about 20
seconds (it recovers -- flashes itself), then power off, remove the jumper,
remove the tweezer.  Then when you plug the USB back in, it'll be ready for
SAM-BA programming.

Maybe someone can add this to the wiki?