SIMtrace MITM/emulator

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Wed Jul 10 21:12:23 UTC 2013

Hi Harald, Vlastimil,

 >> git://git.gnumonks.org/at91work.git

Great. I'll check it out.  Is there anything essential that is missing?

On 07/10/2013 01:35 PM, Vlastimil Páviček wrote:
>> Od: "Harald Welte"<laforge at gnumonks.org>
>> Komu: Tom Schouten<tom at zwizwa.be>
>> Datum: 10.07.2013 18:13
>> Předmět: Re: SIMtrace MITM/emulator
>>
>> So my next-best idea was then:
>> * use the CCID reference example from atmel for the card-reader part,
>>   this way standard opensc/openct/pcsc-lite drivers can handle the card
>>   reader like any other card reader
>> * encapsulate the phone-facing part in the PC_to_RDR_Escape /
>>   RDR_to_PC_Escape messages of the CCID protocol
>>
> Another way could be to encapsulate the phone-facing part commands in APDU commands with CLA value '0xFF' (which is forbidden by ISO-7816) and interpret them in the reader code. Some readers use this trick for similar purposes (i.e. Application<->  Reader communication).

If there is a provision in the CCID to handle neatly delineated packets
in two directions through the escape approach, it's probably best to use it.

Do you know if he escape mechanism is universally supported from the PC
application side?

Cheers
Tom