SIM tracer for Saleae Logic

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Wed Jul 10 14:14:10 UTC 2013

Hi List,

This might be of interest to folks here.

A couple of days ago I found out the Saleae Logichas an SDK that allows
you to live stream raw sample data straight into a C++ application.
Quite neat, as it can go to fairly high sample rates.

Here is a proof of concept version of a live APDU protocol sniffer using
the SL:
https://github.com/zwizwa/sl-apdu

Essentially it's just a UART state machine with some hardcoded ATR
parsing (for the specific SIM card I have) which calls into apdu_split
from git://git.osmocom.org/simtrace.git after the ATR handshake.

I had a look at the ISO7816 parser in the SIMtrace firmware, but it's
fairly tied to the hardware.  With some refactoring it's probably easy
to reuse.  ( The sl-apdu repo has a first attempt to a dirty stub
approach to run the original AT91 code.  Probably not be the way to go.. )

Cheers
Tom