SIMtrace MITM/emulator

Tom Schouten tom at zwizwa.be
Fri Aug 9 13:59:26 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 09:06 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:

>> So basically, I would add another interface to the USB firmware,
>> which then can be claimed by a different process.
> You can do control requests without having claimed any interface.

This seems to be the case only if an interface on the device is not
claimed already.

dev = find(idVendor=0x03eb, idProduct=0x6129)
dh  = dev.open()
dh.controlMsg(1,1,[0,0,0,0])  # no error when CCID interface is not
claimed, busy otherwise

> If
> you add an interface then it might actually work on Windows too, but
> I'm not sure.

Harald had already added extra DFU interfaces to the CCID code, so I can
have a look at how that works.

> //Peter

Tom