SIM Trace Appears to Stop Processing APDUs

Jonathan Thomas lexington1776 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:10:35 UTC 2012

Environment:

We have tested on three systems with both Ubuntu and OpenSUSE.
Additionally, we have tested with both VMs and as a core system
install.

Software Installed:
Installed the latest using the instructions from the user manual.

Issue:

With testing against all three of the SIMTrace modules we purchased we
have found the trace appears to lock-up or freeze randomly through
processing of the APDUs.  Since the phone still functions properly I
am assuming that the communication between the SIM and the phone are
still intact, it is just an issue with the output to screen/file
output.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

We will try and flash the firmware, but since we saw this issue with
all of the hardware we purchased we assumed there might be some other
issue.

Thank you.
Jonathan