No output when tracing a Gemalto Cryptoflex ,NET card

jeremy brookfield jeremy.brookfield at percula.com
Mon Jan 16 17:05:34 UTC 2012

On Jan 10, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> i think this is known[1], what happens is that ATR and the first APDU end in the same USB message and then on the host the apdu_split does not work correctly, the hack to prevent this is below.

Thanks for the suggestion which I have been trying to implement - but without success.

I am experiencing the same problem as Ben reported in
http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/simtrace/2012-January/000227.html

I can build the firmware and load it over dfu-util but the host application (a PKI debugging program that runs on OSX and Windows) is  then returned an invalid APU (only the first byte is correct).
I then had to use sam-ba to reload one of the pre-compiled binaries.

My machine is running ubuntu 11.10. The toolchain is arm-elf-toolchain downloaded from the brung ppa (as per the instructions on your wiki) No errors were reported in the build.

I then tried with unmodified firmware from the GIT repository. Same result.

The simtrace program comes from your ppa.