Printing Fi/Di values from simtrace host tool (PPS)

Myonium myonium at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:54:12 UTC 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> How:
> I am not sure if the debug uart code is IRQ driven and if it has a rather long
> queue.. but... I would start by dumping every received byte to the other UART
> and compare the results.

Not sure if I got you right ... what I tried was the following ...

In “simtrace/iso7816_uart.c” I added to the function “process_byte” a line to dump all bytes “DEBUGPCR("IN=0x%08x", byte);”

First the reference bytes, traced on PC/SC layer:
========= snip ===================================
 transmitted:
  80 C2 00 00 13 D8 00 05 6F 00 C0 4B 4E 7F BD 6D 08 00 04 4D 53 43 4D 02
 received:
  61 0A
 transmitted:
  00 C0 00 00 0A
 received:
  00 D2 5D 1C 61 C0 00 00 00 05 90 00
========= snip ===================================

and that is what I got from the serial debug connection (an x marks a match, missing bytes are appended):
========= snip ===================================
IN=0x00000080   x
IN=0x000000c2   x
IN=0x00000000   00
IN=0x00000013   x
IN=0x000000c2
IN=0x000000d8   x
IN=0x00000000   05
IN=0x0000006f   00
IN=0x000000c0   x
IN=0x0000004b   4E
IN=0x0000007f   BD
IN=0x0000006d   08
IN=0x00000000   x
IN=0x00000004   4D
IN=0x00000053   x
IN=0x0000004d   x
IN=0x00000002   x
IN=0x00000061   x
IN=0x0000000a   x
IN=0x00000000   x
IN=0x000000c0   x
IN=0x00000000   00
IN=0x0000000a   x
IN=0x000000c0
IN=0x00000000   x
IN=0x000000d2   5D
IN=0x0000001c   61
IN=0x000000c0   x
IN=0x00000000   x
IN=0x00000000   x
IN=0x00000005   x
IN=0x00000090   x
IN=0x00000000   x
WRAP DURING APPEND
__pio_irq_demux(43): PIO_ISR_STATUS = 0x11e004d6
RST
computed Fi(1) Di(1) ratio: 372
__pio_irq_demux(43): PIO_ISR_STATUS = 0x11800494
RST

Result:
a.) There are several missing bytes.
b.) There are two bytes (“C2” and “C0”) too much???

My debug serial connection is at a very slow rate (115200Bps) compared to the smart card communication. So I assume it is to be expected, that I’m missing here some bytes ...

Where would be a better way to dump the bytes without interfering / disturbing too much ....

Grateful for any suggestions