simtrace on Mac OSX

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Oct 4 12:37:09 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 01:34 PM, Dieter Spaar wrote:
> Hello Holger,

> I don't have time to debug this issue, but a USB Analyzer trace clearly
> shows that the SET ADDRESS command goes wrong.

I thought harald had fixed the issues your USB Analyzer complained about?

> My guess: The only difference between the Windows and MacOS X trace is
> a USB Reset between the GET DESCRIPTOR and SET ADDRESS command on Windows,
> the Reset is not there on MacOS X (don't know what Linux does).

yes, the firmware 'stalls' in:

while (!(pUdp->UDP_CSR[0] & AT91C_UDP_TXPKTRDY))

for sending a zero length packet... (which is after/part of the GET
DESCRIPTOR) response. I think it is from an interrupt handler and maybe we
need to check if the transfer has been canceled?

> look if "upcd.state" is USB_STATE_DEFAULT, if not STD_SET_ADDRESS won't do
> anything. From my understanding "upcd.state" is set to USB_STATE_DEFAULT
> on a USB Reset, so it might not be initialized properly.

will do, but I think we are stuck in the interrupt handler.