gr-fosphor install troubles:" Unable to share spectrum VBO into OpenCL context" openCL/GL sharing

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 11:20:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

> I'm experiencing trouble installing gr-fosphor on my new laptop using ubuntu 18.04 LTS
> Fist installed opengl/cl drivers, gnu-radio over the package manager, and gr-fosphor also with package manager,\

No idea what version is packaged ...

> After that tried building gr-fosphor from source like described in the osmocom wiki.

You can't mix a gnuradio package install with a source fosphor build.
That won't work.

> Press Enter to quit: [+] Selected device: GeForce MX250
> [!] CL Error (-5, /build/gr-fosphor-D4UWhK/gr-fosphor-3.7.0.2.7b6b996/lib/fosphor/cl.c:480): Unable to share spectrum VBO into OpenCL context

This should definitely be fixed with the FLG_FOSPHOR_USE_CLGL_SHARING
patch ... if this is set to 0, then the codepath where that error is
printed is not even called ...

> QT Gui error:
> Executing: /usr/bin/python -u /home/paul/top_block.py
>
>  File "/home/paul/top_block.py", line 75
>    self.fosphor_qt_sink_c_0 = Template error: #set $win = 'self._%s_win'%$id
>                            ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

GRC generated a bad file ... report that to the GRC team I guess.

What version of GNURadio is this ?

> WX Gui error:
> Executing: /usr/bin/python -u /home/paul/top_block.py
>
> Warning: failed to XInitThreads()
> [xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
> [xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
> [xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
> python: ../../src/xcb_io.c:165: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

Make sure that the XInitThreads call is first in the generated py file.

Cheers,

    Sylvain