Writing a Stand Alone Program Using GNURadio Blocks/Components

P C pczzs at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 18:13:31 UTC 2019

I did a "reply all" which may be sending this to accounts where it
shouldn't go.
Please accept my apologies if that is so.

On 3/5/2019 1:27 AM, Müller, Marcus (CEL) wrote:
> GNU Radio has tutorials on how to write your own blocks, both for
I have found some of those.    But for some (stupid??) reason I linked
in long after the introductory material in your links.  I will "start at
the start" and see how that works.

> How you communicate with your "app" depends on what that is – is it a
> separate process continously running, can it be a thread in another
> process, or could one understand it as library?

Mine will be a continuously running process.

> Generally, GNU Radio was (is) meant to be used as library that you can
> use from within your program;
I sort of had that feeling but I had not stumbled on the right links to
tell me how to do that.
It looks like you have provided those links.
One reason I came to this list is because I was having problems running
GRC on my RPi.  I was concerned the RPi didn't have enough power for
what I wanted so I was looking for a more direct way then going through
GNURadio.

With what you, Sam, and Dale provided I should be in good
shape.....after I digest it.

Thanks a bunch,
Pete