fl2k: Versioning?

Müller, Marcus (CEL) mueller at kit.edu
Fri Apr 27 11:34:31 UTC 2018

Hi everyone, hi especially Steve,

I'm in the process of making a distro package for fl2k for sharing and
inclusion in my bootable Fedora sticks; as a version, I'd use 0.0.0.1-
githash, but I think that's an understatement, because it looks to me
like fl2k was officially released at OsmoCon.

Now, I'm not the author, and I'd hate to be the one to define today's
git head as version 1, or something like that, but I honestly think
that it's worth encouraging tagging of a release (as it would make it
easy to refer to things like "hey, that used to work with 1.0.2.1, but
broke in 1.0.3.1", or include it with other software etc).

Would it be very annoying to kindly request that you add a version tag,
 and to even brazenly recommend semver.org as versioning scheme?

Thanks, and I'm having great fun with this,

Marcus