how/where to merge code

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Sat Jul 18 14:26:16 UTC 2015

Hi Hayati,

I'm pretty sure git.osmocom.org is the upstream; to ask steve-m to merge
your changes into his repository, just log on to github, go to
https://github.com/hayguen/librtlsdr, and you should see something like
"This branch is 2 commits ahead of steve-m:master    Pull Request"
right at the top, just under the header where you can select your branch.

The Impressum of osmocom.org said to send in patches via this mailing
list, so that's what I did once, and that worked too :), so assuming
steve-m's repo is called "steve-m" in your git ("git remote -v" will
tell), and the modified master branch being currently checked out

git format-patch steve-m/master

will generate a patch file for each commit between your master's HEAD
and steve-m/master.

Greetings,
Marcus