new TV Tuner Chip, the Si2177

Leif Asbrink leif at sm5bsz.com
Wed Sep 25 17:01:29 UTC 2013

Hello Jürgen!

> Using the GPU to do only the FFT would be a gentle way
> to introduce the GPU into Linrad. But only if the interface
> to the FFT is clean enough.
It would have to be rewritten. There is a large number of
FFT implementations depending on the input format. It will
be easy to add more and to select the GPU if available.

> >> I have downloaded the source code of Linrad and had a short look at it.
> >> Why don't you put the source code into a Subversion repository at SourceForge ?
> >> Storing the source code there costs nothing and simplifies access.
> > That is because I have no idea how to do it.
> > I do not want to spend time on learning those kinds of things.
> > I have several far more exciting things on my agenda:-)
>
> Ok, setting up a repo is something that I could do.
> But after setting it up it must be clear that the primary
> source code is now in the repo and not on your local disk.
> The repo is a safe place where to get the latest/primary
> source code and also each earlier revision (if needed).
This would be perfectly fine with me.

The worries I have are about a new build system with CMake.
I do not know the implications...

> 2000 Euro + VAT is what I paid here in Germany.
> Much money but still inexpensive in comparison to the industry.
OK. I ordered one today. Delivery time 3 or 4 weeks.

 - Leif -