new TV Tuner Chip, the Si2177

Jürgen Kahrs juergen.kahrs at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:41:43 UTC 2013

Hello Leif,

> The limitation is the time to do FFT. I guess that could be
> moved to a GPU but I have no idea about how difficult it might be.

Using the GPU to do only the FFT would be a gentle way
to introduce the GPU into Linrad. But only if the interface
to the FFT is clean enough.

>> I have downloaded the source code of Linrad and had a short look at it.
>> Why don't you put the source code into a Subversion repository at SourceForge ?
>> Storing the source code there costs nothing and simplifies access.
> That is because I have no idea how to do it.
> I do not want to spend time on learning those kinds of things.
> I have several far more exciting things on my agenda:-)

Ok, setting up a repo is something that I could do.
But after setting it up it must be clear that the primary
source code is now in the repo and not on your local disk.
The repo is a safe place where to get the latest/primary
source code and also each earlier revision (if needed).

>> It looks like there is a systematic way of integrating new devices into
>> the Linrad source code. If I tried to integrate the PCIe-9842, would
>> you consider my source code for acceptance to  into Linrad ?
> Absolutely. I would be delighted:-)
> If you report sucess I would also want to buy such a card even
> if I would have to pay more than I really want for it. On the
> Internet I find the price to be something like 2000 Euro.

2000 Euro + VAT is what I paid here in Germany.
Much money but still inexpensive in comparison to the industry.