Problems on CentOS 6.4 (64 bit)

Dan yo3ggx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 08:24:22 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

On 10/12/2013 10:34 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> I can understand that you can not upgrade kernel on the final system,
> but it would be very helpful if you could test on a separate system,
> with similar hardware, with a new kernel, to see if the problem persists.
As I don't have a similar system with Linux (but I have a similar one
with Windows where the rtlsdr library works perfect), I intend to
install it on a virtual machine on the same hardware just to see if I
still get the same errors. Is this a good ideea?
What Linux version do you recommend to try with?
> ldd is a good way to see what libraries will actually be loaded by a
> given program. If indeed the CentOS package has been uninstalled then
> ldd should confirm that the correct library file is being loaded.
When I try 'ldd -v rtl_test' I get the message "not a dynamic executable"
>> Find what the problem is by running strace ./rtl-sdr and matching
>> ioctls to the code.
> Please don't do that, it is not helpful. Please focus on creating a
> debug log as described on http://libusb.org/wiki/debug since that's
> very useful for those of us who know the libusb code.
I'll do it.

> Thanks
>
> //Peter

Thanks,