Problems on CentOS 6.4 (64 bit)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Oct 11 16:46:44 UTC 2013

Dan wrote:
>> I'd recommend avoiding the libusbx tarball which has been linked from
>> there and instead getting the http://git.libusb.org/libusb.git code.
>
> I have tried to compile both the one from www.libusb.org and the one
> from git.
> After recompiling rtl-sdr with the new libraries the errors are the
> same....

Did you make sure that the rtl-sdr programs are in fact also using
the new libraries, as opposed to what is installed by CentOS which
is what will be used by default, when running them?

> Any other hints?

Only to use the latest kernel code.

If you see the problem with the latest kernel (from Linus' git - the
latest packaged by CentOS is irrelevant) and using code from
git.libusb.org/libusb.git by way of e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH then I would
be interested in seeing a libusb debug log. See
http://libusb.org/wiki/debug for a copypaste-able instruction on how
to generate one. Thanks!

//Peter