ACARS decoder using rtl-sdr

Andreas Reinhardt info at areinhardt.de
Mon Jul 15 07:54:00 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I have combined "rtl_fm" with Thierry Leconte's (GPL'ed) acarsdec library code and created "rtl_acars" which can directly decode ACARS flight info messages to the console. Confirmed to compile on OSX 10.6 (not possible for me to check if it also compiles under Windows and *nix). Feel free to add it as another proof of concept to your distro unless you consider it too much of a quick&dirty hack.

Grab the code from: http://pastebin.com/kLJHyQWt

Best regards,
Andreas