osmocom-sdr Digest, Vol 15, Issue 3

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:06:49 UTC 2013

> I saw this too. It looks like a great piece of kit. Doesn't the dollars he's asking seem a bit steep though? Maybe not, and I'm hoping this comes off as a serious question. If it were opened up so that the dollars asked was lower then there'd be a lot of backers, which in turn drives build costs down further?
> If HackRF is half as good as I think it's going to be, then the $$ is definitely way to high. Just my (possibly uninformed) opinion.

Honestly this is actually very cheap for what it is. I think the
rtl-sdr has spoiled people, expecting very cheap prices.

The hack rf target price was 300$ IIRC, so it's not even half the
price and it doesn't nearly have the bandwidth, sample rate, on-board
DSP capability or the ability to do full duplex. They're really not in
the same category.

Cheers,

    Sylvain