Issues with rtl_tcp

Scott Cutler scott at scottcutler.net
Thu Sep 27 07:05:16 UTC 2012

It appears that both of my problems are nearly the same: the "worker
cond timeout" happens because the first thing my program does is set the
sample rate, which takes a whopping 2.58 seconds.  This apparently
delays rtlsdr_callback long enough that the timeout in
pthread_cond_timedwait is hit, causing tcp_worker to bail.

rtlsdr_set_center_freq takes 1.09 seconds and is unrelated to the select
call--that comes down immediately.  It is something to do with the
rtlsdr library itself (or one of its dependencies).  Time to investigate
more deeply.

-Scott