RTL2832 questions

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Mon May 7 18:10:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,
	First of all, props to the person that found out how to put the RTL
chip into a SDR compatible mode! I've been wanting to play around with
SDR and, specifically, P25 for a while now. Finally an inexpensive way
to get my feet wet.
	My question is probably a bit of a noob question. I have successfully
received a broadcast FM radio station with the RTL dongle. The problem
is that I can't seem to decode anything else. I tried to receive some
ham radio (NFM) transmissions from my radio and I didn't get any sound.
The white noise blanked out, the scope in gnuradio spiked up, but no
real demodulation. Would someone be willing to share a .grc file they
know will decode NFM with the gr-osmosdr/rtl-sdr driver?
	I tried taking some files that used the USRP driver and swapping out
the USRP driver with the osmosdr/rtl driver, but no go. Could it be that
I don't have all the sampling rates and decimation rates set correctly?

...Jeff