RTLSDR Philosophy.

Francesco Gugliuzza f.gugliuzza at hacklabproject.org
Tue Jul 10 00:27:37 UTC 2012

2012/7/10 Leif Asbrink <leif at sm5bsz.com>:
> Reduced gain 1 to 10 dB: The lna should be left at max gain while
>                          mixer and/or IF gain is reduced.
My two cents are that it's better to play with the multiple stage
gains when possible and raise the LNA gain only when necessary, since
it's before the VHF2/VHF3/UHF/L-band bandpass and if you have strong
signals in other bands you could get intermods virtually everywhere.

--
Francesco Gugliuzza
HackLabProject.org Administrator
E-mail: f.gugliuzza at hacklabproject.org