Data Rate of EGPRS is Too Low

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Mar 2 03:01:27 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 01:40:56PM +0000, XINKE ZHANG wrote:

> GPSDO is mounted upon the B210. And I executes this command "./osmo-trx -g -e".

Make sure that your B210 actually contains a GPSDO, I myself once thought I had
one, but all I did was connect a GPS antenna to a dead socket on the B210. So a
B210 even though it has a connector for a GPSDO may have no GPSDO inside...
Also the -g option won't tell you if there is no GPSDO inside, it'll just all
work the same as before, i.e. unreliably.

> My timeslot config is 3 TCH/F + 3 PDCH.

Would you mind posting your entire config...

I don't really remember what rates I got out of GPRS, IIRC about 10 kbyte/s
with 3 PDCH was the ballpark. I Never actually tried EGPRS but I assume it
should be at least marginally faster?? Does anyone else know more details?

~N