RFC: OpenGGSN split/rename

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sat Sep 2 23:07:59 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 02, 2017 at 10:24:17AM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> You could also do a 1.99.0 before as an exercise :)

yep, 1.inf.0 :)

> I would time a rename with the introduction of significant user-visible changes.
>
> For the GGSN, this is when the VTY is introduced (ggsn binary to
> osmo-ggsn, which is already in a branch and could be merged any day.
>
> For libgtp, I would time this with introducing all the API/ABI breakage needed
> for maintaining pdp contexts per GSN and for supporting IPv6 transport
> layer addresses. This has currently not been a priority, though :/

Sounds sane to me. So osmo-ggsn soonish, libosmo-gtp probably some other time.

It still does make sense to me to time the osmo-ggsn change within our switch
towards the new repositories and AoIP world, so that users get the new way in
one go. Meaning let's announce openbsc.git as legacy after that rename.

~N