libgtp: Users of gtpie_encaps() and gtpie_encaps2() ?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Oct 14 06:16:27 UTC 2017

Dear all,

during manual review, I found some pretty obvious bugs and inconsistencies
in the gtpie_encaps() and gtpie_encaps2() functions of libgtp.

Interestingly, it seems those functions have been around since the very fist
commit in 2002.  However, no code in openggsn, osmo-ggsn, osmo-sgsn or even
gtphub seems to be using them.

Does anyone know of any users of those functions?  Rather than keeping them
updated manually without any test cases and users, I would say there's a strong
argument to remove them from the code base.