allow gtp tunnel updating in libgtpnl: gtp_add_tunnel()

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Mar 27 08:33:00 UTC 2017

Hi Jiannan,

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 05:16:10AM +0000, Jiannan Ouyang wrote:
> According to
> http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/gtp.c#L937 and
> https://github.com/RoadRunnr/osmo-ggsn/blob/master/libgtnl/src/gtp-genl.c#L73,
> the NLM_F_EXCL flag is used to prevent updating an existing tunnel.
> I’m is wondering what is the reason of preventing updating?

As a minor side note: Please note the authoritative source for libgtpnl
is at git.osmocom.org http://git.osmocom.org/libgtpnl/tree/src/gtp-genl.c

To me it's quite obvious that a function called "gtp_add_tunnel()"
should only add a new tunnel and hence I think the current behavior is
correct.

However, I guess you could simply submit a patch with
"gtp_update_tunnel()" or "gtp_modify_tunnel()" which can modify an
existing tunnel.  The latter might probably be required anyway in other
cases?