Regarding integration of NURAN L1 1.0

Prasad Kaup Prasad.Kaup at radisys.com
Tue Mar 29 15:48:10 UTC 2016

Hi Minh-Quang Nguyen,
		Thanks for the information. We are able to connect to the board and execute the commands.

Regarding cross compilation we have some queries
1.  We are able to cross compile  libosmocore commit  8649d57f507d359c99a89654aac7e19ce22db282 and some of later versions using local talloc files,  but there is a dependency of talloc  library in latest version.
Let us know which talloc version to pick and any specific procedure to cross compile talloc source.

2.  We see that there is ARM cross compiler described at  http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GnuArmToolchain.  Let us know if this is usable with NURAN boards.

3.  There is an  error while linking  osmo-pcu
	arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: ./.libs/libgprs.a(gprs_bssgp_pcu.o): undefined reference to symbol 'tlv_parse@@LIBOSMOGSM_1.0'
	/home/pkaup/osmo/latest/libosmocore/src/gsm/.libs/libosmogsm.so: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

And the final linking command for osmo-pcu  is
	echo "  CXXLD   " osmo-pcu;/bin/bash ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX   --mode=link arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++  -march=armv5te -marm -mthumb-interwork -Wall -ldl -pthread -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fpermissive -lrt -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -o osmo-pcu pcu_main.o  libgprs.la /home/pkaup/osmo/latest/libosmocore/src/gb/.libs/libosmogb.so /home/pkaup/osmo/latest/libosmocore/src/.libs/libosmocore.so /home/pkaup/osmo/latest/libosmocore/src/gsm/.libs/libosmogsm.so

As I see, tlv_parse   is part of libosmogsm which is getting linked.
Can you let me know the final linking command (corresponding output as above of  "make -n"  in your setup ) so that I can cross-verify ?

Regards
Prasad