Support of 11 bit RACH support in osmoPCU

Prasad Kaup Prasad.Kaup at radisys.com
Fri Feb 26 12:46:46 UTC 2016

Hello All,
We are currently working on providing the support of 11 bit RACH support  in osmoPCU  as mentioned in Bug #1548  at https://projects.osmocom.org/projects/osmopcu/issues

We have identified  impacts to be in  osmo-pcu, osmo-bts and osmocore

Main changes identified are
osmo-pcu:

*         In  file pcuif_proto.h,   modify "uint8_t ra" to "uint16_t ra"   in  struct  gsm_pcu_if_rach_ind

*         Corresponding function prototypes due to change in data type

*         11 bit RACH handling in bts.cpp

*         Changes in encoding.cpp to support  immediate assignment  with EGPRS allocation

osmocore:

*         In file l1sap.h,   modify "uint8_t ra" to "uint16_t ra"  in   structure "struct ph_rach_ind_param"

*         Function prototype changes

osmobts:

*         Function prototype changes due to change in data type

Please let us know your valuable feedback.
We plan to  have a separate branch from master for this development. Please let us know the procedure to do this.

Regards
Prasad