enum egprs_puncturing_values

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Dec 16 11:57:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 02:36:23PM +0100, Jacob wrote:
> Hi Neels,

Hey Jacob!

> AFAICS you are mixing up "puncturing scheme" and "Coding and Puncturing
> Scheme", there are still only three puncturing schemes, where up to 3 of
> them may be used with a certain MCS. The P scheme has to be changed
> (incremented IIRC) after each use.

Well, if it brings you back into Osmocom dev, I might want to start mixing up
things a lot more from now on ;)

Thanks for your remarks, I have since noticed that I let myself be mislead by
the first spec reference in the comment. I find it confusing, but I've posted a
separate mail on that...

> Nevertheless choosing a safe value for INVALID is probably not bad if
> there might be another P in some future spec. But I'd be careful with
> negative values in enums.

I thought negative values in enums are fine? What could be a problem here?
e.g.

  enum my_vals {
  	MY_VAL_INVALID = -1,
	MY_VAL_A = 0,