State of sysmocom/master and upcoming work

Holger Hans Peter Freyther hfreyther at sysmocom.de
Thu Jan 16 09:05:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

Daniel and me spent another day in the sysmocom office to go through
the PCU code. We finished clean-ups, made some simple manual tests
and looked at the traces.

We will work on the following items during the next weeks:

* For DL handling and multi-slot allocation more than one slot will
  only be allocated _after_ the TBF is re-used. E.g. for a simple
  download this might mean a single slot is used for the entire download.

  Daniel made a prototype to send a packet downlink assignment directly
  _after_ the assignment through the CCCH has completed. We manage to
  run into a use after free in the TBF code but will work on it.

  The issue is that the start of a TBF will take a bit longer. We
  might want to add some heuristic to decide when or when not to do
  it.

* Re-sending and window stalls. When the entire window has been sent
  once, resending will start but when the ACK/NACK is arrived the
  resending will conntinue. As it is more likely that frames have
  arrived we should stop the resending and increase the window. This
  will increase the throughput.

cheers
	holger

--