Question regarding TS allocation algorithm(s)

Holger Hans Peter Freyther hfreyther at sysmocom.de
Sun Sep 29 09:05:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 10:15:50AM +0200, Andreas Eversberg wrote:

> it is true tat algorithm A only assigns the first PDCH time slot. i
> don't see any problems changing that by spreading TBF usage over all
> available PDCHs.

okay. I am currently cleaning up the pcu (including the allocations
algorithms), refactor and fix the subtle bugs that are due code
duplication (e.g. like the one reported by Vladimir Rolbin). This
also means that I will be busy and stall your osmo-bts changes
until I am done with the clean-up here.

> in case of algorithm B it is a bit different. we want to assign a
> certain PDCH time slot for uplink, so we can be sure that the phone is
> able to receive all supported downlink PDCH slots, if an additional
> downlink TBF is assigned. for a class 12 mobile (as used today), we can
> assign up to 4 PDCHs for downlink. in this case we must assign the third
> PDCH for uplink, otherwise semi-duplex operation is not possible with
> all 4 time slots. but again, it would be possible to spread uplink and
> downlink assignment, if we have more than 4 PDCHs. this makes the
> algorithm more complex.

Thanks for the explanation. I think we easily end in a situation where
we can not allocate bigger windows (or windows at all) because we always
start with the first enabled PDCH.

holger

--
- Holger Freyther <hfreyther at sysmocom.de>       http://www.sysmocom.de/