Status on re-factorings

Holger Hans Peter Freyther hfreyther at sysmocom.de
Mon Oct 28 15:39:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 03:16:34PM +0400, Ivan Kluchnikov wrote:

> As you mentioned, refactoring of some parts of the code is risky, but
> when we use right code structure, it is more easy to find problems.
> Also I think that after the end of refactoring, we should implement
> set of tests, which will help us to find bugs and problems.

with the manual toying around my E71 can open webpages. By cheer
luck I spotted a "bts->bts = bts->bts" (which should have been a
(tbf->bts = bts). But so far it is okay.

The main issue is that I have now around 90 commits. It will be
not nice to review and changing direction will be difficult as well.

But e.g. my renaming of tfi/tlli in the code has lead me to create
a tbf_name() function that I use for logging. And I found places
that could have silently changed the tlli.

My selfish proposal would be to merge my branch to master and
continue the clean-up there once some people having done smoke
"testing" on it.

> I have one question about C/C++ using in osmo-pcu project. What I see,
> that now the code migrates to C++, but previously we mainly used C. As
> the result now osmo-pcu code is C and C++ mix, but I think that we
> should use only one as basic.
> I personally prefer to use C++ in osmo-pcu.
> What do you think about it?
> Do you plan to migrate the most parts of the code to C++?

yes, to a very tiny subject of C++. E.g. I don't want to use stl
and maybe only virtual functions when creating a GPRS TBF and a
EGPRS TBF.

--
- Holger Freyther <hfreyther at sysmocom.de>       http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Schivelbeiner Str. 5