Fairness of sched_poll

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Thu Oct 17 13:17:17 UTC 2013

Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> The concern of the pcu_rx_time_ind is to convert from low-level
> hardware primtive to inform other parts of the system. It should
> not be responsible for TBF/SBA timeout handling. It is the application
> of information hiding (encapsulation) and this concept is quite
> old.

it is some kind of a hack. since we don't get bad frame indications from
bts for sure, i had to find a way to detect when frames have not been
received. normally the pcu_rx_data_ind function should call the timeout
function in case of a bad frame. in this case the timeout function
should actually be renamed to some kind like gprs_rlcmac_bfi(). if there
is a way to fix bad frame indications from sysmobts, i would change the
osmo-bts-trx code too, so both will send bad frame indications and we
can get rid of this hack.