Status of sysmocom/master W50

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Dec 25 17:18:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:52:28PM +0100, Andreas Eversberg wrote:

> classes) would allow to allocate TS1..TS4, so the phone can still
> transmit on TS3. the phone would schedule the following 8 bursts for
> one frame: "-tttt-r--" (t=TX, r=RX) if i would provide an UL TBF
> with TS1, the phone would be able to do the following scheduling
> only: "-tt-r---", so the algorithm can only assign TS1 and TS2 for
> RX. this means that the multislot algorithm must consider the RX
> slots when choosing a good TX slot, even with no ongoing DL TBF.

Could you add TS boundaries to your ascii art? I still didn't read/
understand the constraints with TrX.

> * in case of first DL TBF assignment (phone is in packet idle mode),
> i use multislot algorithm too, because i know the multislot class
> from the LLC-DATA message. it is no problem to assign a single, but
> why do you want to assign a single slot here?

It is my understanding of the current code. In case we start with a
DL TBF. We will need to create an immediate assignment and send it
through the PCH. On the immediate assignment we can only announce
one TS/PDCH. (We could follow-up with another control command to
inform the phone about the other dl assignments it has).

PS: My scheduling "fair-ness" patches create another issue. The code
should make sure that a DL_ASSIGNMENT is scheduled _before_ the final
uplink ack/nack. Even if it requires a bit more memory I think it
would make sense if we have a small CTRL command queue inside the TBF.