openbts-p2.8-gprs-exp and pcu issues

Vladimir Rolbin vrolbin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:41:55 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas and Ivan.

I've recorded three sessions, every one contains pcu log with print fix
andreas asked (rlcmac_*.log) and corresponding  GSMTAP and Gb pcap:

1)  openBTS pulled from git on 31.10.2012 (with gsmtap support for PDCH),
UE - Nokia 5000d.
      I have very bad results with Nokia and SonyEriccsson devices with not
modified git branch.
      As I wrote before I guess  they are sensitive to non-standard L2
pseudo length. Immediate Assignment
      is already fixed for now but SI13 is not. I sent my modifications
before.. a great part of them are
      really debug prints, but the other one fixes the Nokia device
behaviour ( session 2).

2) modified openBTS merged   with openBTS pulled from git on 31.10.2012, UE
- Nokia 5000d.
     m.facebook.com is successfully opened. No scheduler
issues. But sometimes it  has..
     I need to open more pages one after one to see the problem.

3) modified openBTS merged   with openBTS pulled from git on 31.10.2012
(env is like in session 2).
     UE - SonyEricsson z750i. A lot of scheduler issues (look for
"unknown"). I think this UE is more
     pedantic than others.

   Regards,
   Vladimir Rolbin