lack of progress in PCU patch merging / git (ab)use

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:26:19 UTC 2012

Hi Harald,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 06:22:57PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> and submitting them to the mailing list as soon as he push them. This
>> way Ivan (and everyone else) would be able to review them and merge as
>> soon as possible.
>
> We can configure a post-commit hook to automatically send any commit (or
> only commits to certain branches) to the osmo-pcu mailing list.  I
> think right now they only end up at the generic osmocom.org commitlog
> list, whcih probably except Holger and me nobody is really following...

Well, I'm also following it with filter set to "pcu". :)

I don't think it's useful to have another post-commit hook. My point
is that Andreas (and everyone else) should write to the mailing list
when they think their patches are ready, which may be well after it's
actually committed. I.e. it should be human decision when to post a
patch.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru