[osmocom-event-orga] 36c3 ticket voucher

Bernhard Tittelbach xro at realraum.at
Sat Oct 26 13:50:07 UTC 2019

On 10/26/19 3:05 PM, Keith wrote:
> On 22/10/2019 00:10, Alexander 'lynxis' Couzens wrote:
>>> the 36c3 ticket shop is opening in a couple of hours.
>>> Some already have an angel voucher.
>>> If you need a voucher, please write me a mail, so I can ask for
>>> vouchers.
>> We've received a small bunch of vouchers.
> hi lynxis
>
> I got a angel voucher which replicated,  that replication is now also
> consumed.
>
> I was asked (again) yesterday if a voucher can be obtained.
>
> not related to GSM orga, not related to anything really, just somebody
> who wants to go. (stammtisch person)
>
> I'm not sure how best to respond when people ask me about vouchers.
>
> sorry for OT noise on list.

Hi Keith,

I'm coordinating the voucher distribution for our hackerspace and Graz,
so maybe my experience is helpful.(?)

CCCV specifially told us:

**Please spread those vouchers in your community and its surroundings** (both socially and geographically). The vouchers are explicitly **not only for your members**, but are meant for people who belong (or should belong) in the Chaos community, and to bring the community closer. Please invite people to 36C3 whom *you*'d like to see there.

Thus for our vouchers we create a list of people who want a ticket AND make sure that all vouchers generated from those are returned to us.
Then everyone in the queue gets a voucher and we forward the generated vouchers to the next person in the queue.
We prioritize members and people who went last year and are known to pay quickly.
Basically, anybody who asks and got the information via our hackerspace information channels and is interested, can have a place on the queue.
If the vouchers don't run out and everybody is quick, she/he will get a ticket.

GSM-group is not a geographically local group, but once you ensured that GMS-core can go to congress :-) (we want GSM after all),
I think it's ok to give people a voucher if you think they are suited for congress and if you trust them you send the generated voucher
back to you.

cheers,
Bernhard