[osmocom-event-orga] Blog

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Tue Dec 17 16:06:51 UTC 2019

Hi Neels,

thanks for writing that up!

I'd rather make small comments here than edit the wiki

On 17/12/2019 15:48, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> Osmocom's codec negotiation towards SIP has
> seen a major improvement, and we were all hyped and ready to test that. Only,
> we were not able to negotiate 2G EU band spectrum from any of the commercial
> operators this year.

minor, but beginning a sentence with Only sounds weird to me.

I'd simply write:

....we were all hyped and ready to test that only we were not able to
negotiate 2G EU band spectrum...

or maybe more clear is:

...to test that. However, we cannot do so as we were not able...

> This means that your old Nokia may not be
> able to operate at 36c3, and if you still have some unused feature phone that
> is able to do 3G, you should certainly bring it along.

My 3G feature phones don't have band 5, only CDMA-2100 :-(

> Also, as always, if you can, bring your SIM cards from previous CCC events.
> All of them will be able to operate, and you are helping us by needing less new
> SIM cards being manufactured.

My spare band 5 3G phone has 4FF SIM slots and my event SIM cards are
3FF, however, I have 4FF SJS1, but I'm not sure how to calculate OPc