[osmocom-event-orga] Telefonica GSM/LTE frequency/arfcn

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Mon Aug 12 08:46:17 UTC 2019

On 09/08/2019 19:15, Alexander Couzens wrote:

> 1800 MHz (max. 0,2 W)
>         680 (1838,8/1743,8 MHz)
>         683 (1839,4/1744,4 MHz)
>         686 (1840,0/1745,0 MHz)
>         689 (1840,6/1745,6 MHz)
>         692 (1841,2/1746,2 MHz)
>         695 (1841,8/1746,8 MHz)

Great! weird though, how it is laid out like that.

Given unusable adjacent ARFCNs, They are essentially giving us 1838.7 to
1841.9 (DL), so there are 8 usable AFRCNs in there.

Why space them like that?

Anyway, I guess this means we can deploy plenty of BTS. Do we have any
interest in the 1800Mhz sysmoBTS 2050? (with power output reduced way
way down, of course!) or should I just leave that heavy monster at home?

k/