[osmocom-event-orga] update from POC

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Thu Nov 1 22:19:38 UTC 2018

Thanks for the update!

> * POC offers to locate the prod core in a VM on their machine

I would prefer using our own machine.

> * a POC core machine is set up and running already now, before
> congress
> * neels will get VPN access (we can test against that)

nice. so we can test everything in advance.

> * POC now use several Yate instances, one per realm (DECT, SIP,
> GSM,...)

I also would stay at freeswitch to have more control over the
connection to yate. It might be a lot easier, because freeswitch can do
transcoding and force certain codecs and we can debug it easier, it's
then clear, the bug is on our side or not.

> POC suggests:
> * We can ask Lime to send us the LimeSDR devices used on EFR camp
> (ask POC, via neels) to use them as GSM BTS

I would like to use sysmobts, if possible for 2g.

> * Idea: share one secure network segment with the POC

Our gsm server can have a another leg in the poc network, so we don't
walk over the public network with the voice traffic. But for the
basestation I would like to be on our vlan (especially the femtocells).

Best,
lynxis