[osmocom-event-orga] osmoserv online

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Dec 4 01:56:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 06:24:21PM +0000, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Is such a "bare" buster container image available somewhere?

Step 1: what would be the way to crypt it?

- I know cryptmount (which I usually use with an image file, but IIRC works
  with partitions as well)
- Then there's the ext4 encryption feature?
- ...?

Step 2: install OS

would something like this do??
https://us.images.linuxcontainers.org/images/debian/buster/amd64/default/20181203_05:25/rootfs.tar.xz
"stolen" from lxc :)

Though I see that the lxc images apparently are also put up using debootstrap,
so if we can get debootstrap to run manually, that would be preferable I guess.
I get this though:

	osmoserv ~ # emerge dev-util/debootstrap

	!!! /etc/portage/make.profile is not a symlink and will probably prevent most merges.
	!!! It should point into a profile within /usr/portage/profiles/
	!!! (You can safely ignore this message when syncing. It's harmless.)

	!!! Your current profile is invalid. If you have just changed your profile
	!!! configuration, you should revert back to the previous configuration.
	!!! Allowed actions are limited to --help, --info, --search, --sync, and
	!!! --version.

I have infinite uncertainty there.

~N