[osmocom-event-orga] todo list

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Dec 12 14:13:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 03:04:45PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> Things I'd like to check / fix before the congress starts, some of which
> could be real show stoppers:
>
> - external MNCC with 3G
> - today dexter encountered a problem when running a 2G network with 3G
>   auth data present in the HLR, timeout when waiting for a cipher mode
>   complete message. Does UMTS-2G AKA work with osmo-bsc??
> - properly fix multiple hNodeB, see comments to
>   https://gerrit.osmocom.org/5264
> - voice calls between 2G and 3G, i.e. IuUP proxy
> - reliable 3G data https://osmocom.org/issues/1977 and
>   probably need regression tests for that https://osmocom.org/issues/1959
> - operate osmo-msc with osmo-mgw, not osmo-bsc_mgcp (not strictly
>   necessary, we can also stay with osmo-bsc_mgcp)
>   https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4980

- discard VLR subscribers when they miss periodic LU
  https://osmocom.org/issues/1976
  though technically we should keep them as long as valid auth tuples are
  still available, which in turn translates to a high-watermark on
  subscribers in the VLR to prevent OOM:
  https://osmocom.org/issues/1974

Interesting how wanting to run an actual network changes my perspective on
(some of the) issues...

~N