[osmocom-event-orga] todo list

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Dec 12 14:04:45 UTC 2017

Things I'd like to check / fix before the congress starts, some of which
could be real show stoppers:

- external MNCC with 3G
- today dexter encountered a problem when running a 2G network with 3G
  auth data present in the HLR, timeout when waiting for a cipher mode
  complete message. Does UMTS-2G AKA work with osmo-bsc??
- properly fix multiple hNodeB, see comments to
  https://gerrit.osmocom.org/5264
- voice calls between 2G and 3G, i.e. IuUP proxy
- reliable 3G data https://osmocom.org/issues/1977 and
  probably need regression tests for that https://osmocom.org/issues/1959
- operate osmo-msc with osmo-mgw, not osmo-bsc_mgcp (not strictly
  necessary, we can also stay with osmo-bsc_mgcp)
  https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4980

That's actually quite a lot to do...

Some of it is being worked on by dexter already, some of it has been being
postponed for a long while. I need to see how much time I can invest in
these items in the two weeks remaining.

~N