[osmocom-event-orga] 34c3 congress gsm network / AfRA 9.12. 14:00

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Dec 9 14:27:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 07:19:10PM +0000, Peter Stuge wrote:
> I was considering trying to operate a Nokia Flexi BTS, but the FRGP
> RRU seems to be only for 2100 MHz, so no go.

it might be possible to find RU/RRU for the 850 MHz band.  but the
bigger problem is: what RNC do you want to use?  The NodeB's just
implement everything up to Iub, and Osmocom only implements down to
IuCS/IuPS/Iuh.  So The RNC (which is much more complex than a BSC) is
missing, and unless you find one, it will be hard to use any
non-femtocell 3G devices :/