OsmoDevCon important information

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 16:12:30 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 10:29:28AM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> * It would be great to have an intro to the L2 layer. At least for
>> Ivan and me a kickstart in this would be of great value.
>
> You're talking about LAPDm?  A general talk aobut LAPDm or specifically
> the libosmocore implementation?  And if so, why?  Do you plan to do any
> modifications in that area?  I thin L2 is quite boring once it has been
> implemented and no bugs are visible...

Yes, LAPDm. It's boring, but it's kind of a good thing to understand
even if you don't need to implement it. Even if you consider it as a
black box, you should know the properties of this black box.

In OpenBTS LAPDm implementation is kind of buggy, so we'd like to know
more about the way it's implemented in Osmocom and may be borrow some
ideas.

So, the ideal way I see it would be to have an overview of the way it
operates with picks into the Osmocom code.

>> * Another intersting topic is LCR architecture. 30min intro from
>> Andreas would very intersting at least for me and Dmitri.
>
> I'm perfectly happy with this, and I think myself and likely some others
> are interested in it, too.

Added to the list of talks. Now we need to convince Andreas to do that :)

>> * Discussion about OpenBSC integration with legacy E1 MSCs. Not sure
>> it's interesting for everyone, so may be more of a workshop style?
>
> Yes, we can move that into one of the other rooms, after we know who is
> interested in it.

Added to the list of workshops.

>> > The Schedule will be more ad-hoc than last year, but we should have a
>> > rough idea by the start of the event.
>>
>> Should we start with a planning session evey dau? Kind of unconference style.
>> Allocating ~1h at the beginning of the 1st day and ~15-30min at the
>> beginning of the other days should be enough to put together a
>> schedule for a day.
>
> yes, that was more or less my idea.  However, we shoul still collect all
> ideas + resulting schedule in the wiki.

Great.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио